The domino problem is undecidable on surface groups | Long version: [pdf] [arXiv] | Conference version: [Editor] - [slides]
Nathalie Aubrun, Sebastián Barbieri, E.M., in Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS) 2019. Aachen, 2019.
Computational Limitations of Affine Automata | [pdf] [arXiv] [Editor] - [slides]
Mika Hirvensalo, E.M., Abuzer Yakaryılmaz, in Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation (UCNC) 2019. Tokyo, 2019.
On the computational power of affine automata | [pdf] [arXiv] [Editor] - [slides]
Mika Hirvensalo, E.M., Abuzer Yakaryılmaz, in Proceedings of Language and Automata Theory and Applications (LATA) 2017. Umeå, 2017.
- Around the Domino Problem - Combinatorial Structures and Algebraic Tools, defended the 15th of July 2020
Manuscript [pdf] - [slides]
Thanks to COVID, you can also watch the defense (almost) as if you were in the room.
- Some results about tilings of groups (Pythéas Fogg 01/2021)
- Algebraic Approach to Nivat's Conjecture (Journées SDA2 2020)
- Decidability and Periodicity of Low Complexity Tilings (STACS2020)
- Affine Automata: Power and Limitations (STACS2020 voluntary talk)
- Algebra, Tilings and Nivat (October 2019 version)
- The Domino Problem is Undecidable on Surface Groups (MFCS2019)
- Computational Limitations of Affine Automata (UCNC2019)
- Slopes of 3D Subshifts of Finite Type (CSR2018)
- On the Computational Power of Affine Automata (LATA2017)